Thursday, April 18, 2013

Fabulous Pendant Light under $20

First and foremost I am so sorry that I haven't not written a post in like....FOREVER!!! I know that all of you have been waiting on batted  breath for my next post well here we have it... This is a good one too  and I'm super excited to share this one with you. So enough with the theatrics, I will get to the post.
I created a pendant light for my hallway for less then $20. I'm not joking and it looks super cool and super high end minus the super low end pictures taken with my iPhone. Anyways...I spotted this lovely wooden stick orb thing at Goodwill the other day.

I was so shocked to see something this good for $2 there. That's right, I said it $2 smackers. I have a picture to show you, just so you know I'm not lying. Anyways, I picked it up with no real thought at first with what I was going to do with it but I knew that I needed it ;)

 Fast forward to a few days and while I was surfing through Pinterest (I know, I know, you would've never thought that about me) I stumbled over this picture and thought, hey maybe I could use that orb stick thingy.
Light on Pinterest unfortunately there was no website associated and therefore I can't give credit.  Sorry.  If someone knows who this belongs to please let me know and I will give credit where credit it due.

So I did some research online and found out that Home Depot has a Pendant Lighting Kit, just what I needed. It wasn't too overly priced but I little more than I like to spend.

But anyways, I picked it up. That night I started the process of assembling this light because it was sooooo labor intensive...just joking, took all of 2 minutes to find the perfect spot for the light to fit in the orb.


 So the next day my great husband then helped me out a little bit(probably big bit) by taking the old light down and installing the new light. First we figured out how long we wanted the wire to be. We had to cut quite a bit off, which is fine but save at least an extra 6 inches for wiring the sucker into the wiring harness.  We had to do some playing around with the nut that holds the wire in place but once we got it off it was smooth sailing. We then, I mean he then rewired the electrical to the old hallway light.  (As I'm writing this post, I forgot to take a picture of the not so pretty light that was previously there...ugh). So this is what it looks like... What do you think??  Again, the pictures aren't the best but it still looks amazing...





















Total breakdown for this project:
Orb: $2
Pendant light kit: $14.95
Total: 16.95

So there you have it. A gorgeous pendant light for less then $20 and about 20 minutes of your time.





Also, quick sneak peak of my dining room.  It has taken me a few months but it is almost there.  I am sooo happy with the way that it turned out. I added the chair rail, baseboard, and the picture frame molding.  I also painted it too. I just need to add some more décor items and then its done.  Please don't mind the random clutter on the table :)


I'm linking up with...

No comments:

Post a Comment