Wednesday, October 3, 2012

"Weighing" In

Good Morning Everyone!!  Sorry that I haven’t written in a while.  My daughter started school last month and with that comes her many activities etc.  My apologies…I hope you forgive me J

As some of my readers know I joined Weight Watchers a few months ago.  This all started in January after a little competion with my co-workers.  As with many people that have struggled with weight loss, I have tried every diet plan and have never been successful.  I was semi-successful with Weight Watchers in the past so decided that I would give them a whorl.  The most I had to lose was $13.  My intentions with joining were to get the material, stay for the first meeting and then never return and try this on my own.  But thankfully with the Lord's help and encouragement from my friend/co-worker, I have continued with this journey. 
So once the competion began, I forced one of my friends/co-workers to join with me.  Now over 75 lbs and 8 pants sizes later, I continue to attend the weekly meetings.  I feel that this is the only way that I can be accountable for what I am doing.  Let me tell you, the scale never lies. My friend has also continued on his weight loss journey and he has also been very successful.  He has really been my rock and motivation through this whole process.   
So I have decided that every Wednesday I will post about my weight loss journey.  Last night I lost exactly 1 lb.  My current weight is 166.8 (I think, I will have to double check later).  When I started Weight Watchers, I was at an unhappy, miserable weight of 243 lbs. 
Here are some before and after pictures of me…
The before was taken at a Christmas Party 2011 and the After was taken right before summer 2012


Summer 2011
Summer 2012



Please let me know if you have any questions concerning my weight loss journey or about Weight Watchers.  I love educating people and I am very open and honest of my weight loss struggle.  My hope is to give you encouragement if you are also struggling with weight loss.  This has been a life long journey ever since I was young and last year I resolved myself to being overweight but something changed this year (more to come about that) and I finally weigh less than what I weighed in high school.  Again, please let me know if you have any questions.  If you don’t want to comment/question on the blog, please feel free to e-mail me at imaboutthislife@gmail.com.

My motivational quote for today:
“You must do the thing you think you cannot do.” Eleanor Roosevelt

So after I wrote this post this morning, I was wondering on Facebook and I saw a link to one of our local anchor woman.  She was addressing a letter that she received from a viewer.  Many of you have seen this but some haven't.  Her words were what my heart has been longing to say for years.  These words need to be on the forefront of everyones mind especially with our children.  Please take the 4 minutes to watch.  Thank you!!

To your future success,
Kim  

No comments:

Post a Comment